Forefront Security for Office Communications Server
Forefront Security for Office Communications Server has some nice features, including:
- Multiple anti-malware scanning engines provide better protection: Microsoft Forefront Security for Office Communications Server provides enhanced protection against IM-based malware by including multiple scanning engines from industry-leading security partners. As tests we published on this blog last year showed, Multiple scanning engines increase the chances that emerging threats will be quickly caught.
- Keyword filtering and file blocking reduce liability: Microsoft Forefront Security for Office Communications Server helps reduce corporate liability by blocking IM messaging containing inappropriate content, while file and keyword filtering technologies prevent the sharing of out-of-policy files, unauthorized corporate confidential information or offensive language in IM conversations.
- Integration with Office Communications Server: Forefront Security for Office Communications Server protections are integrated with Microsoft Office Communications Server to provide high performance malware scanning optimized for enterprise instant messaging environments. Forefront Security for Office Communications Server includes automated signature updating, IM notification alerts, and built-in management controls to simplify administration.
- Integration with multiple server roles: Forefront Security for Office Communications Server integrates with the Access Edge, Director and Front End server roles in Office Communications Server 2007 Enterprise Edition, as well as the Office Communications Server Standard Edition Server role.
- Provides protection for federated connections and public IM users: By integrating with Office Communications Server Access Edge, Forefront Security for Office Communications Server ensures that all external communications - including those to and from external public IM clients or federated networks - are secure.
- Localization: Forefront Security for Office Communications Server will be localized into eleven languages
You can download the beta here.
A Closer Look into Forefront Client Security Service Pack 1 - available now
Today we are releasing Microsoft Forefront Client Security Service Pack 1 (SP1), which supports:
- Agent protection on Windows Server 2008 – Server and Core
- Server role support and protection for Windows Server 2008 (except Core, which is Client only)
- Agent protection and server roles on Hyper-V
- Agent protection on cluster servers
- Agent protection on Home editions of Windows Vista or later, Windows XP SP2 or later, Windows 2000 SP4, and Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later
- NAP Integration
To try the SP1 release, customers should download and install the Forefront Client Security evaluation software. Once installed, customers will be prompted to install the SP1 upgrade via Microsoft Update. Existing Forefront Client Security customers will automatically be prompted to install the SP1 upgrade via Microsoft Update. To read more about Forefront Client Security SP1, see KB article #951951.
Forefront Client Security helps organizations better protect users against malware and spyware across multiple Microsoft platforms– from small businesses to large enterprises. Forefront Client Security supports enterprise deployments of more than 10,000 clients from a single Forefront Client Security Console. Forefront Client Security Enterprise Manager provides administrators the ability to centrally manage multiple Forefront Client Security deployments from a single server and provides alerts and reporting for Forefront Client Security agents in the entire enterprise. This simplifies administration and provides more visibility to the endpoint security of an enterprise.