Oops, error when upgrading Tw TeeVee
Oops, I discovered an error, when upgrading your existing TwTeeVee version. A short post on how to fix it.
First, what’s the error:
The error is that your previous media center settings are not migrated to a new network profile.
- You can see this in the screen where the profile button is missing
- And when you select the “All Channels” button you get an error
So how can you fix it?
Basically you have to create two profiles and select the first profile to use. After selecting the first profile you can change the media center settings to match your own media center.
So this is what you have to do:
- Go to Settings
- Swipe to profiles and select the + button
- Go back to the main screen (using the back button) and select the “Switch you active network profile”
- And select the “Default” network profile
This brings you back to a working state
So when it is fixed…
Then you can go ahead and change your network profile to match your media center settings. Below the steps to fix this.
- First go to settings
- And swipe to the profiles screen and
- Delete the second profile (<Your name>)
- And select the default profile
- Swipe left to go to the media center settings and fill out your IP number
This is basically what you have to do!
Meanwhile I removed the update from the marketplace. Sorry for the troubles. There is no fast way for me to fix-it. An update will take at least two weeks. One week for me to fix and test (5 minutes for the update, a week of testing) and one week for the marketplace submission process.
ps. The error was caused by bad testing. The app is designed to automatically migrate your settings. Basically I forget to test it before releasing…